Wednesday, October 13, 2010

MIXED TAPE - Roxy

THE SONGS


For my CD design, I felt that I had to decide what sounds could be on the compilation first to help me get an idea of the feel that it would have.


I was tossing up as to whether to do a Techno / Punk Rock album with such artists as Breathe Carolina, MGMT and Shiny Toy Guns or an Alternative / Indie soft album. I eventually decided to go with the Alternative / Indie album, and my track list is as follows:


Coin Laundry - Lisa Mitchell

Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up) - Florence and the Machine

A White Demon Love Song - The Killers

Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons

Ours - The Bravery

Breathe Me - Sia

Shooting the Moon - OK GO

Hey, Soul Sister - Train

Full Moon - The Black Ghosts

Let's Get Lost - Beck and Bat for Lashes

Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap

Hearts a Mess - Gotye

Love Song - Amiel

Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads


My target market will be for women.




THE ARTWORK


With my final thoughts as to the song list for the album, I felt that the album needed personal touches with soft and comforting colours. I want to have a smilliar effect that the opening credits to the movie Juno have.




Some insperation...



Just for the record - I dont actually want my album to look anything like the above unicorn
one, I just thought it looked hilarious ;)




So I intend to colage my CD cover with different papers, inks, photographs, computer rendered images and my own hard drawings. I have set myself the challenge of drawing most of the artwork as it is not my greatest strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment